About us

OUR CHURCH OFFICERS:
Father Edd Turner BA, MA

Vicar

020 8886 7523

Mother Liz Brown

Curate

020 8447 8108

Jonathan Thompson

Licensed Lay Minister

07904889088

History of St Andrew's

In 1875 the Rev'd J. Baird, Vicar of Christ Church, purchased what was know as the Iron Chapel on the Southgate Chase and erected it on a site, which he also gave, in Old Farm Avenue. From this small beginning developed St Andrew's Southgate. 

In 1903 the building of our present church was begun; designed with Narthex and three nave bays in the Perpendicular Gothic Revival style with elements of Arts and Crafts by Arthur Rowland Barker who had been a pupil and then assistant to the well-know church architect, Ewan Christian. He became diocesan surveyor for Winchester and designed several other local buildings including the St Paul's Institute, Palmers Green town hall and Southgate Club in Chase Side. 

St Andrew's Southgate

020 8447 8108

priest@expertit.net

St Andrew’s Church,

Chase Side, Southgate, London, N14 5PP

Charity no. 1135534

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
St Andrews Southgate Logo